GameON: Ventures is a conference that connects business leaders in the video game industry. Keynotes, panels, presentations, a pitch competition and an interactive digital media expo will share evolving business models, creative ideas and the latest technologies, while receptions, lunches and facilitated networking will provide opportunities to meet potential partners, clients and collaborators. This year’s event takes place October 20 & 21, 2016 at MaRS in Toronto.
New this year are an international expo open to all forms of interactive digital media, a pitch competition, more opportunities to meet fellow delegates and a greater emphasis on international speakers to share insights from their markets and territories.
The conference will examine topics such as working with publishers, how to create for kids and finding the business opportunities in new platforms. Sessions will provide both learning opportunities and inspiration for those in the business of games.
GameON: Ventures is now in its ninth year. This year, we’ll be joined by speakers from Spain, the UK, Argentina, Brazil, Nigeria, Sweden, the USA and more. International partnerships and a spotlight on intersecting industries (such as health care and education) will help attendees grow their companies in new markets and with new lines of business.
Who attends GameON: Ventures?
- Canadian and international game company executives & team leads
- International delegations looking to make connections with Canadian game companies
- Media and entertainment companies looking for new opportunities
- Producers and distributors of other types of digital media
- Videogame publishers, marketers and distributors
- Professional services providers (legal, finance, accounting)
- Government representatives
- International trade associations
GameON: Ventures is produced by Interactive Ontario (IO), a not-for-profit industry trade association committed to the growth of the interactive digital content industry in Ontario. IO produces over 35 events each year that include iLunch, Interact, i-ON and more.